Suitable for people 18 years and over, this course is designed for candidates who wish to be trained in the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED) machine but do not have a current first aid certificate. This course includes basic life support training and use of the AED machine. The course covers adult information.
We also deliver an AED course for those who do have a current first aid certificate.
This course is currently running in Wimbledon only, however you can organise a training session for a group of 6 people or more at your place of work by requesting a group booking
Course content includes:
- Assess an incident and explain rationale for checking for danger
- Demonstrate how to open an airway and check for breathing
- Demonstrate how to deal with an unconscious casualty
- Explain how to recognise a casualty who is not breathing normally
- Demonstrate how to perform CPR on a non breathing casualty
- Explain how the heart and defibrillation works
- Describe how to check and maintain an AED machine
- List the checks to be made before using an AED
- Demonstrate the use of an AED
- Demonstrate the use of an AED with CPR when on own
- Demonstrate the use of an AED with CPR in pairs
AED with life support certificate, valid for 1 year.
Candidates must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment.